Wednesday 15 July 2015

Summer Essentials

Summer is considered the best season for some people (me) and in order to enjoy it to the fullest, some precautions are necessary.

In Portugal and other countries the temperature can be so high that it becomes difficult to be outside and endure the warm breeze. Going to the beach isn't the only place where you have to protect yourself, having a stroll around the city can be tiresome when the sun is on its' peak.

Before leaving the house I always check the weather for that day and dress accordingly. If I am too hot I tend to feel weak and dizzy so I usually opt for shorts/skirt + tshirt/croptop/tank top or a dress. 
Tank top - Tally Weijl
Shorts - Lefties
Afterwards I spray sunscreen on the parts of my body that are exposed, even if I'm not going to the beach, because ain't nobody got time to get sunburnt. And don't forget to take the coolest sunnies you have to protect your eyes (or any sunnies, really).
I prefer to have my hair loose but if it's one of those days when I know it's going to be really hot, I just put it up in a ponytail. I only apply the anti-damage multi-protection cream (Kérastase Soleil displayed in the photo) when I go to the beach - it protects your hair from UVs and salt or chlorinated water. Also take a lipbalm with you, especially if your lips have a tendency to become dry like mine.

Lastly, don't forget to keep yourself hydrated. Take a bottle of water with you or buy one when you feel like you need a nice cold drink :)

Happy Wednesday! x
(take care of yourself)

No comments:

Post a Comment