Sunday 29 September 2013

September Favourites | 2013 ❤

September, the first month of fall and classes and the last one of summer and holidays.

This month started a whole new chapter for me: university.
The sunset on my way home from university.
I took a year off in between high school and uni and this year I was prepared for everything and anything. Although taking one year off was one of the best decisions I have ever made, it was also one of the most risky. Having my friends studying or working, I usually caught myself depressing over silly things because, well, I had nothing else to do. Ever since joining uni, I have been the happiest girl ever.

University has a different vibe to high school. You are there because you want to, nobody is forcing you to be there. Tired of listening to your teacher? Pack your things and go. You're late? Just sneak in and take a seat. Tired of being judged? Forget that, you will find the nicest people in university (talking about personal experience, I'm sorry if your uni isn't like that!).

In Portugal, we have this thing called 'praxe' (a tradition) which is a set of initiation rituals freshmen have to go through to lose their social inhibitions and easily intrigate into university. You aren't obliged to attend them and that's good because in some universities the veterans (students from the 2nd year or higher) are really rude to you.

I used to be against 'praxe' because I had heard they made you do horrible things but my university made me change my mind. The veterans were super nice to us and were always concerned, making sure we were ok. We played games, had a laugh and socialized. I'm glad I decided to attend it!

Besides university, the other thing I have been in love with are my new black jeans! I bought them early in the month and I have been styling them with everything.
They have a snakeskin effect, it feels so good to touch them! (weirdo)

Songs I had on replay:

And that's everything for this month! I have high expectations for October, it's my birthday on the 28th, yey!!

Happy sunday! x

No comments:

Post a Comment